Upon completion of this training, students will be able to perform the following activities in a timely manner and to industry standard:
- 16-hour Millwright Safety
- Describe a gas turbine and how it works.
- Identify components of a gas turbine.
- Describe inspection types and intervals.
- Explain factors effecting turbine life.
- Apply standard practices of pre-outage and outage scenarios.
Define turbine installation tasks:
- Setting elevation with optical level and checking calibration
- Shaft alignment
- River Hawk coupling bolts
- Hytorc Bolting
- Micrometer reading
- Pant Leg washers
- Wire tying
- Garlock gaskets
- Tubing fittings
- Use Optical Level
- Align shafts with laser alignment kit
- Use Hytroc bolt tensioner
- Measure with a micrometer
- Bend pant leg washers to standard
- Wire tie bolts following standard work practice.
- Re-connect tube fittings.
- Crush Washers following standard work practices.
Course length: 1 Week
Pre-requisite: WHMIS 2015, Fall Protection, Confined Space
Student-Instructor Ratio = 10:1
Minimum Participants = 6